Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You lied to me

You lied to me.
Your words promised love and commitment
to a hungry woman
weak from abuse
Your actions said maybe
and dangled a carrot in front of my nose
A taste.. just enough to want more
and over time..
more..
and
more
until I am so desperate for your promise
of love
and tortured as I am led around - the promise just out of reach
the love you fully thought I could reach
you dangled before a helpless woman
giving enough to tease
You lied to me
thinking you were giving help and hope
you never looked back
to see if i could eat
when each step, you were out of reach
and you crushed me
tore open wounds
baring raw pain
again and again
each step of pain
the trail marked with tears
You lied to me in honesty
thinking it should have been enough
as I starved
and die again
proven right
again

No comments: