Tuesday, August 5, 2008

untitled

Doesn't matter what I see... but what Your love has done for me.
Anguish, pain. I'm ripped apart.. but cling to hope for Your new start.

All I see is darkness churning, lightning flashing, leaves upturning.
Wind is whipping, stinging faces, Blinding men to God's oasis.
Save me God - the storm is coming, heart is hammering, wildly running.
Tempest nears, will wash away, my strength and hope to live today.
The rain begins, deep fountains gush, flooding, rushing over us.
For forty days I cannot swim, forty nights will do me in.
I saw the ark, the saving path, the rescue from the Master's wrath.
The door is sealed, I'm stuck outside, no place to run, to climb or hide.
The waters are too much for me, I'm drowning in a tortured sea.
The waves crash high above my head. It's quiet now under the shed.
My lungs are burning, tide's above. Overturn me, greace and love.
Your tender voice, and gentle hand, will pull me out and make me stand.
The wrath is Yours but You jumped in, left the ark to cleanse my sin.
You'll pull me out and set me free. I'm on the deck, You're in the sea.
My breath is gone, almost lost. You counted me above the cost.
You pull me out and wash me clean.. a new land soon but yet unseen.

Doesn't matter what I see... but what Your love has done for me.
Anguish, pain.. I'm ripped apart... but cling to hope for Your new start.

No comments: